Privacy and Security Policy
We have developed this policy so that you can feel confident about the privacy and security of the personal information that you provide to us.
Disclosure of information
Howyroyd Estates Limited T/A Hopkinsons complies with and is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 in the United Kingdom. We take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to and use of your personal data.
Our staff and those working for our agents and contractors maintain a responsibility to keep your information confidential and will only use it to offer relevant products and services related to your enquiry.
Any personal details that we use to provide or promote our products and services to you (e.g. name, address, email address, telephone number, or any details of the services you have purchased or about which you have enquired) will not be passed to any third party organisation for marketing purposes without your permission and will not be used by us for any purpose other than that which you requested.
The Internet is not a secure medium. However to protect your data we put in place various security procedures including use of firewalls, backup measures, we limit access to data to relevant personnel and password protect all machinery holding personal data.
Your details may be combined with other information in our records in order to:
- Save you having to keep giving us the same information for different Howyroyd Estates Limited T/A Hopkinsons services.
- Help you to get more out of your visits to our website by suggesting information about products and services which may be useful to you.
- Keep other parts of Howyroyd Estates Limited T/A Hopkinsons up to date with your details in order to offer you products and services by post or e-mail that may interest you.
- When you register you consent to us using your personal data in the manner described in this Policy. If you do not register, the personal data we collect from you will be limited to the specific enquiry you have made. Howyroyd Estates Limited T/A Hopkinsons will use that data for no other purpose than to facilitate that transaction.
- If any of the information that you provide to Howyroyd Estates Limited T/A Hopkinsons changes, for example if you change your email address, name, address or contact numbers, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Howyroyd Estates Limited T/A Hopkinsons web site, or an embedded component from a trusted partner may automatically create a ‘cookie’ when you visit us. A ‘cookie’ is a piece of information that is held on your PC, which enables our website to recognise you on subsequent visits and allows us to tailor your visit to your specific requirements. As the ‘cookie’ is based on your PC we are unable to recognise you if you visit any of our websites from a different PC unless you register with us.
Howyroyd Estates Limited T/A Hopkinsons use of ‘cookies’ does not include the collection of any personal information regarding the use of your PC or internet browsing in any way.
If you do not want a cookie to be created on your PC, web browsers such as Netscape and Internet Explorer provide the option to disable them. Please note that some personalised services on this site may not be available if you choose to disable cookies.
You can read more about cookies and their use at the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s dedicated website: www.allaboutcookies.org
Howyroyd Estates Limited T/A Hopkinsons complies with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 in the United Kingdom.
We respect the privacy of personal email accounts and we store your email address as securely as any other personal information we hold. We will not send you unwanted email messages or junk mail and your details will not be passed to any organisation outside Howyroyd Estates Limited T/A Hopkinsons without your explicit permission.
If you have given us permission, we may use email to send you messages to keep you up to date with news about our current services, as well as anything you express an interest in, either online or through other contact with Howyroyd Estates Limited T/A Hopkinsons.
Third party sites
Third party internet sites that you can link through to from our website are not covered by our Privacy and Security policy, so we accept no responsibility or liability for these sites.